"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water'." (John 7:38)




"Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual." (1Cor. 2:12-13)

Translate

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

About Me

I would like to shed a little light on why I write the way I do. You know...forceful, authoritative, maybe pompous...okay, you can stop now. :-)

I have always seen myself as an insignificant nobody, Every one in the world seemed to possess a purpose in their lives. It didn't matter who I came alongside, I was always the subordinate. The first life celebrity I could actually say I knew was a friend who worked behind the window of a drive-thru teller. I thought, "Wow! I finally know someone of significance!". Seriously, I had lived a very insignificant life! I was in my late twenties then.


When the Lord revealed Himself to me, it was through the first book of the Bible I picked out to read (well, probably He did); the book of Job. In this particular time of devastation in my life, someone had given me a Bible. So I decided to find out what all the hootin' and hollerin' was about. Just what is this Christianity? And why all the clamoring for this Jesus guy? But by the time I got through reading Job, God had written Himself on my heart as the One and Only authority this earth has, and I was compelled to announce the preeminence of His authority in every thing that every one was involved in! I knew in the marrow of my bones that God was absolutely God!

Now before this, I had no hope beyond the day at hand, no vision beyond the daylight hours, no purpose but to wait for something to happen. Yeah, very uninteresting and stagnant like the Dead Sea. So when the Father drew me to His Son, it was as if every day I had previously lived came together into the sovereignty of a world I had been blinded to. Now, for the first time in my life, I found significance. My own? Hardly! Oh, I began to boast...in the cross of Christ! I now had an identity...in Jesus! I now had a purpose...an ambassador of love! The irony of this brand new life is that I remain a subordinate, but now there is someone who loves me beyond my identity in the flesh and promises me a new identity in a new Kingdom that will put this one in its place!

To God, I am His son! To Jesus, I am His bride! To the Holy Spirit, I am worthy of their love and He will complete the good work They started in me! And so I rant and rave, and each day I grow more weary of succumbing to the intimidation of the enemy. Heed correction? Yea, I will! But the Father's faith is the boldness of my journey. Yet humility will always be my desired path. As the Spirit is always more than willing, so too, is my flesh. But this is one fight worth losing because the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to the least of those on earth; those who have been called by His name.

PJR

No comments:

Post a Comment