"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water'." (John 7:38)




"Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual." (1Cor. 2:12-13)

Translate

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

There are three things in life that remain faithful,. No, four. Make it five.

Jesus

Your children

A noble wife.

A friend who sticks by closer than a brother.

Your dog.


Through the seasons of our lives, there are times we are very, very busy, having barely any time for ourselves, much less anyone else. But we should always make times to slow down and count the simple blessings around us we sometimes take for granted.

Here in America, we have several holidays that honor the grown ups. Except for birthdays, we don't have special days that specifically honor children. So, I'm going to use mine to do just that.

This father's day I want to slow down and render my utmost appreciation to my children. God has blessed me with a quiver full of them! While I've been through the thick and thin of life, they have been for me a constant flow of faithful, committed love. If I am silent for a while, they remind me that they are there. My children have always only wanted to be my closest companions. (Proverbs 17:6) I know this because (believe it or not) I, too, was once a child.

There is not a father who can claim that by his own efforts and abilities, he has become the dad he is today. Any thing good he may be to his children, he owes a tremendous debt of gratitude to them. They shape him as much as he shapes them. They are God's gift to him.

Skip, PJ, Karen, and Amy; it is because of you I can celebrate father's day with a proud heart.

I love each one of you so much!

...and Happy Father's Day to my young men!

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment