"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water'." (John 7:38)




"Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual." (1Cor. 2:12-13)

Translate

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Perfect Strength

"My grace is sufficient for you; my strength is made perfect in your weakness." (2Cor. 12:9)

Weakness defined by God must be accompanied by authentic humility, leaning not on our own understanding, but acknowledging Him in all our ways. If we find ourselves overwhelmed in our weakness, yet feel driven to overcome it, it is no longer weakness, but an unwelcome challenge to be conquered by every means possible within our own resourcefulness. It is a futile attempt at becoming our own god and we are arrogant to think that we can sustain ourselves in His presence through the struggle. Until we finally recognize the divinely designed impartation of grace upon us, our strength is made useless in our weakness.

Strength defined by God is only recognized by those who understand what Jesus came to show us; that we consider ourselves not equal with God, but we willingly lay down our own lives that we may indeed live to Him who called us to Himself. It is now no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. Our perfect strength lies in the joy of the LORD.
(Neh. 8:10)

PJR

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;

he heard my cry for mercy.

Because he turned his ear to me,

I will call on him as long as I live."

(Psalm 116:1-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment