"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water'." (John 7:38)




"Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual." (1Cor. 2:12-13)

Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vantage Point

As we press in to know more of God, to intentionally abide in the vine, to enable the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives that we may become more like Christ, we should also effect our prayers for the purpose of seeing the lost and unsaved through the eyes of God, in whose image they, too, are made. We need to be conscientiously aware of the narrow and finite lense of humanity our minds are accustomed to perceiving the world through. Without the fullness of the Spirit dwelling within, our perceptions and judgments will be based on the obvious behaviors of people. In order to see more completely the way God sees is to allow the Holy Spirit to remove our blinders and binoculars; to reestablish the vantage point we have grown accustomed to see by.

I am a tradesman. I have become more reliant upon prayer when I come up against difficulties on the job, whether I am dealing with people, or the complications of my particular work. I have found that initially my first instinct is to react with a very up-close and personal attitude; but by prayer and practice of self control through the Spirit, I will readjust my focus by backing away, reconsidering what appears to be the inevitable, circling the circumstance, and wait for God to reveal the reality and solution of the problem. In essence, I step back far enough to gain His vantage point.

PJR

"And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another." (Galatians 5:24,25)

No comments:

Post a Comment